Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The course aims to teach fundamental concepts in statistics. The goal is to develop skills to use point and interval estimators for population parameters, to test hypotheses on claims involving one or two populations, and develop simple linear regression models. The course also aims to give background on multiple linear regression and analysis of data collected through designed experiments.
Descriptive statistics. Statistical estimation. Hypothesis testing. Simple and multiple linear regressions. Correlation analysis. Elementary design of experiments.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Calculate and interpret point and interval estimators for basic statistics involving one or two populations. (b2, B3)
2. Perform hypothesis tests to statistically prove or disprove claims involving one or more populations. (b2, B3)
3. Construct experiments to analyze single factor scenarios. (b1, B4)
4. Construct full and fractional design experiments to analyze scenarios involving multiple factors with two levels each. (b1, B4)
5. Analyze the data collected through a designed experiment to draw statistically significant conclusions (b2, B3)
6. Construct basic regression models (e, B4)