Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Assignments (studio and home-work): - 40%
Preliminary Jury - 20%
Final Jury - 30%
Course Contribution and attendance - 10%
Introduction to basic concepts and general trait of design. Abstraction and conceptualisation. Design exercises at various scales and complexities. Development of mental, perceptual and manual skills in the presentation of design ideas.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. work with basic form properties, analyse, test and differentiate qualities like geometry, size, color, proportions and scale;
2. develop a sense of abstraction;
3. test design thinking and process, analyse and synthesize design concepts and acquire general organization skills
4. apply theoretical and practical knowledge to praxis through various studio exercises;
5. develop a basic understanding of thematic composition and concepts between design elements and the whole in achieving order and unity;
6. develop an awareness to the present values of the surrounding;
7. develop personal dexterity to communicate creative ideas, perspectives and solutions.