Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main objective of this course is to build a foundation of knowledge on the main functional areas of business such as marketing, production and finance. This course provides a broad overview of the key elements of the business organization as well as various theories and models of the firm and its environment.
The Dynamics of Business and Economics. Business Ethics and Social Responsibility. Business in a Borderless World. Starting and Growing a Business. Options for Organizing Business. Small Business, Entrepreneurship, and Franchising. The Nature of Management. Organization, Teamwork, and Communication. Managing Service and Manufacturing Operations. Motivating the Workforce. Managing Human Resources. Customer-Driven Marketing. Dimensions of Marketing Strategy. Digital Marketing and Social Networking. Accounting and Financial Statements. Money and the Financial System. Financial Management and Securities Markets.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Describe the evolution of the business organization and business functions such as marketing, production and finance
2. Recognize the importance of decision making and strategic thinking in different business functions
3. Explain basic social and ethical rules that an organization should follow for a successful management
4. Discover the importance of teamwork, communication and proper organizational structure for a sustainable competitive advantage
5. Explain the basic principles of operating in a global business environment and discover the importance of entrepreneurial skills in international markets