Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The goal of this course to develop an understanding of the fundamental techniques to analyze electrical circuits such as Laplace transform and complex frequency domain analysis. The course will also enable the students to acquire skills in the analysis of three-phase circuits.
Steady-state power. Three-phase circuits. Magnetically coupled circuits. Frequency response techniques. Laplace transform and its applications. Linear time-invariant dynamic circuits: state equations, natural frequencies, complex frequency domain analysis. Two-port circuits.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Identify the concept of steady-state power.
2. Solve three-phase and magnetically coupled circuits.
3. Calculate frequency respose of first and second order circuits and use MATLAB to plot frequency responses.
4. Analyze circuits by utilizing Laplace transform.
5. Identify the concept of linear-time invariant circuits.
6. Apply complex frequency domain analysis techniques to analyze two-port circuits.