Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main objective of this course is to build a foundation of principles of financial accounting so that students gain the knowledge to interpret financial statements for evaluating financial performance of the firms.
Financial Statements. Transaction Analysis. Accrual Accounting and Income. Internal Control and Cash. Short-Term Investments and Receivables. Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold. Plant Assets and Intangibles. Liabilities. Stockholders’ Equity. Long-Term Investments and International Operations. The Income Statement and the Statement of Stockholders’ Equity. The Statement of Cash Flows. Financial Statement Analysis.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Discover fundamentals of financial accounting and its use effective management
2. Develop an understanding and knowledge of financial statements
3. Recognize the importance of financial analysis to solve business problems
4. Identify managerial decision making and the roles of financial tools
5. Recognize the importance of accounting tools to evaluate performance of firms