Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main objective of this course is to build a foundation of knowledge on mathematical modeling and applications on management science problems. This course provides an introduction to the basic principles of linear and integer programming and software usage to model and solve real life problems.
Management Science. Linear Programming: Model Formulation and Graphical Solution. Linear Programming: Computer Solution and Sensitivity Analysis. Linear Programming: Modeling Examples. Transportation, Transshipment, and Assignment Problems. Network Flow Models. Project Management. Multicriteria Decision Making. Nonlinear Programming. Probability and Statistics. Decision Analysis. Queuing Analysis. Simulation. Forecasting. Inventory Management.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Discover business functions and inherent managerial problems
2. Recognize the importance of systematic thinking and analytical tools to solve business problems
3. Develop the ability to use mathematical models and tools to formulate and solve real life problems
4. Assess the importance of information systems and software usage for competitive advantage
5. Discover the optimization techniques and their use in managerial decision making