Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Project Proposal - 10%
Progress Report - 40%
Implementation - 50%
The objective of this course is to provide the knowledge of implementing a computer game using an industry known game creation engine, namely Unity3D. This course describes the components that can be found in Unity3D, explains how to use these components in a game development process and how to successfully deliver a fully working and entertaining game.
Unity3D engine. Interface. Prefabs. Assets. Loading assets. Scripting. Collisions. Lighting. Materials. Shaders.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Identify the components in the Unity 3D game engine
2. Create prefabs for a game
3. Use the prefabs for creating a game world
4. Create scripts for gameplay purposes
5. Create lighting for a game world
6. Use different materials for enriching game world objects
7. Use shader techniques for improving a game world