Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Midterm Exam - 30%
Quiz - 30%
Final - 40%
The objective of this course is to provide the students the necessary knowledge and tools to participate in a large scale software development environment and manage a software development process. This participation may take shape in the form of software developer, software designer, software tester or software maintainer.
Software project management: metrics, estimation, planning. software requirement analysis techniques. Software design techniques. Software implementation. Software quality assurance. Software testing. Software maintenance. Review of CASE technology.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Prepare requirements for a software
2. Prepare design documentation for a software
3. Identify the implementation processes of a software development project
4. Design and apply software testing procedure for a software
5. Identify the steps of software maintenance
6. Identify and use the CASE technology for software development