Course Code & Number:
Credit Hours/ ECTS Credits:
Pre-requisite / Co-requisite:
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Identify different approaches to teaching early literacy.
2. Compare the pros and cons of different methods of early literacy education
3. Design lesson plans that incorporate different approaches to early literacy education.
4. Construct an assessment procedure to evaluate children’s literacy needs
5. Devise methods of teaching literacy to students with different learning abilities and learning styles.
6. Develop a cross curricular literacy project and defend why it is useful.