Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Assignments - 45%
Midterm - 20%
Final Exam - 30%
Class participation - 5%
The objective of this course is to provide effective skills for developing and applying image processing methods and tools to obtain significant information from images.
Image model sampling and quantization. Basic relationships between pixels and image geometry. Two-dimensional Fourier transforms. Image enhancement. Spatial and frequency domain methods. Image restoration. Image segmentation.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Describe the basic theory of image processing
2. Examine binary and color images using image processing tools
3. Analyze and apply image enhancement methods in spatial and frequency domain
4. Analyze and apply image segmentation methods
5. Analyze and apply algorithms to extract significant information from images
6. Develop solution methods for image processing problems using the state of the art