Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Mid-terms - 30%
Quizzes and Homeworks - 30%
Final - 40%
The objective of this course is to introduce the mathematical foundations of computer graphics, various computer graphics techniques, and implementation tools used in generating computer graphics.
Advanced application of computer graphics techniques. Shading. Deformation. Ray tracing. Radiosity. Texture mapping. Fractal representation. Concepts of motion are introduced for the generation of digital animation. Concepts of graphical workstation design, especially with respect to user interfaces and window managers are introduced.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Model a computer graphics scene
2. Use a graphics library for implementing computer graphics
3. Use various techniques of computer graphics for rendering life-like scenes
4. Design efficient and friendly user interfaces
5. Compute mathematical and physical properties of graphical scenes
6. Use advanced CG techniques such as shaders for rendering scenes