Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Mid-terms - 30%
Quizzes and Homeworks - 30%
Final - 40%
The objective of this course is to introduce the fundamental concepts of artificial intelligence and to explain how to use these concepts in solving problems.
History. Programming languages for AI. Introduction to Lisp programming. Problem solving with computers. Search strategies, game playing. Knowledge and reasoning. Knowledge representation. First-order logic, inference. Learning, inductive and statistical learning methods. Robotics systems.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Develop programs in LISP
2. Understand different search strategies
3. Understand the concepts of knowledge and reasoning
4. Model problems using first order logic
5. Analyze inferences and argumentations
6. Understand how machine learning works
7. Understand the fundamentals of robotic and expert systems