Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Final Exam - 30%
Midterms(2) - 40%
Quiz - 5%
Oral Questioning - 5%
Presentation (Oral) - 5%
Observation - 15%
|Theory and research in social psychology. how our thoughts, feelings, and behavior are influenced by the actual, imagined, or implied presence of other people. The self, social perception, social cognition and information processing, attitudes. Persuasion, stereotyping and discrimination, social influence and group behavior, romantic relationships, aggressive behavior, helping behavior, and applied social psychology. How research in social psychology can shed light on events going on around the world.|
Assist.Prof.Dr. Müge Çelik Örücü
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Discuss research studies examining a core area of social psychology
2. Critique the major theories and research findings in these areas.
3. Select the quality of information, including differentiating empirical evidence from speculation.
4. Recognise and respect social, cultural, linguistic, spiritual and gender diversity
5. Interprete psychological concepts, theories, and research findings to solve problems in everyday life and in society.