Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Final Exam - 30%
Reflection Paper - 20%
Class Participation - 10%
School-community partnership project (group) - 20%
Oral Presentation (partnership project) - 20%
Philosophical foundations of music education, the conceptual analysis of music, goals and objectives for elementary music. Genres of music in Turkey and in the world .The structure, content, and analysis of elementary general music classes, planning for the general music lesson, classroom management, playing an instrument. The musical development of children and principles of learning music. Evaluation and assessment in elementary music..
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. develop a repertoire of children's rote songs and demonstrate the ability to teach rote songs with correct vocal pedagogy.
2. integrate music into their classroom with its fundamentals by using materials and methods of teaching music
3. practice responsible process for assessing, measuring and evaluating student performance assessment, which is ethically grounded and guided by sound professional standards
4. differentiate among different genres of music in Turkish and in the world
5. collect songs, rhymes, listening examples and technological resources appropriate for use in an elementary general music class