Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Theories of foreign language learning during early childhood. Approaches and techniques in teaching a foreign language to young children. Foundations of foreign language in early childhood education Phonology, semantics, syntax, and pragmatics development of young children in foreign language teaching. Organizing and managing the foreign language teaching programs. Assessing the development of foreign language learners.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. critisize theories of foreign language learning for young children
2. organize developmentally appropriate foreign language curriculum and instructional plans in early childhood education
3. utilize appropriate instructional strategies for teaching a foreign language to young children
4. design developmentally appropriate foreign language learning environments and experiences for young children
5. use information and communication technology to support young children’s foreign language learning
6. use appropriate assesment tools and techniques to evaluate young children’s learning of a foreign language.