Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
MT Exam - 30%
Observation - 20%
Portfolio - 50%
The aim of this course is to teach preservice counselors how to observe individuals in educational settings in a nonjudgemental way. In addition, the course will provide an opportunity to investigate school guidance services, and their roles and responsibilities in educational settings.
Observations of guidance services personnel, their applications, and the place of guidance in educational organizations according to guidance principles and concepts, and observations of students’ behaviors in different educational settings of primary and secondary schools.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. explain theoretical knowledge about the concept of observation, and some basic observation techiques and skills
2. explain the roles and responsibilities of school guidance services
3. practice and demonstrate observation skills in observing students in different educational settings
4. investigate school guidance services, and their roles and responsibilities in educational settings
5. value behaving in a nonjudgemental way to others