Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
What is early childhood teacher research and why is it important? Preparation for an early childhood research project. Conceptualization of research. Generating research questions. Identifying data sources. Gathering and analyzing data. Interpreting results. Taking action based on results. Writing research reports.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. develop an individualized research project with practical applications to an early childhood setting.
2. outline a written description of a chosen research project proposal on an early childhood education issue or topic
3. demonstrate an ability to conduct a small-scale research project in early childhood education
4. prepare a summary report of a chosen research project including a visual documentation of related activities and outcomes
5. present outcomes of a completed research project in early childhood education