Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Project proposal - 40%
Final Exam - 30%
Midterm Exam - 20%
ART I The Measurement and Assessment Process. Educational Testing and Assessment: Context, Issues, and Trends. The Role of Measurement and Assessment in Teaching. Instructional Goals and Objectives: Foundation for Assessment. Validity. Reliability and Other Desired Characteristics. PART II Classroom Tests and Assessments. Planning Classroom Tests and Assessments. Constructing Objective Test Items: Simple Forms. Constructing Objective Test Items: Multiple-Choice Forms. Measuring Complex Achievement: The Interpretive Exercise. Measuring Complex Achievement: Essay Questions. Measuring Complex Achievement: Performance-Based Assessments. Portfolios
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. explain what measurement and evaluation steps are necessary in a classroom situation.
2. develop theoretical understanding of the evaluation context with the new reform.
3. develop necessary measurement and evaluation instruments and to apply these instruments fairly.
4. use basic statistical techniques.
5. use the information provided by evaluation an measurement activities to improve their teaching and students’ learning.