Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Development of a professional teacher portfolio. Reflection on early childhood program experiences. Personal and professional development as an early childhood teacher. Developmentally appropriate teaching activities. Samples of instructional plans. Early childhood learning environment design. Samples of school, family and community relationships. Samples of assessment activities. Professional development activities. Presentation of this professional portfolio. Personal philosophy of teaching.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. develop a professional portfolio documenting understanding of the teaching competencies for early childhood teachers
2. synthesize learning acquired throughout the early childhood education program.
3. articulate their own perspective of early childhood education
4. reflect on personal and professional development throughout the early childhood education program
5. create a personal philosophy statement in regards to early childhood teaching
6. evaluate an action research project conducted during student teaching experience