Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Assignment 1 - 15%
Assignment 2 - 65%
Weblog - 10%
Class Contribution and attendance - 10%
Introduction of functional, formal, structural and contextual components of architectural design methodology and utilization of experiential design strategies that were introduced in ARCH102 Introduction to Architectural Design through integration of such components within spatial solutions.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. develop an awareness of three dimensional thinking through the small-scaled project(s) they accomplish throughout the semester;
2. learn to analyse and study creative design solutions for a variety of architectural problems that have certain level of complexity;
3. advance in design processes, starting with adopting a design concept and turning it into a project gradually, applying theoretical and practical knowledge to praxis;
4. develop an awareness to environmental, cultural and social issues, design elements and spatial-formal necessities;
5. advance in personal creativity, skills and graphical expressions, drawing and model making to formulate and represent their design ideas.