Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
This course intends to familiarize the students with political, economic and security relations among states and different regions. The major aim of the course is to make students comprehend the tripodal relationship between International Relations theories, concepts and global issues and problems.
The Globalization of World Politics. The Historical Context. Theories of World Politics. Structures and Processes. International Issues. Globalization in the Future.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Recite the main events, which took place before, during and after the Cold-War era.
2. List main aspects of Realism, Liberalism and socialist theories.
3. Describe and evaluate the transformation in security studies.
4. Discuss and critique International political economy.
5. Discuss the importance of transnational actors in international affairs.
6. Describe and analyze issues of global politics such as environmental problems, nationalism, culture, poverty, hunger, gender, human rights.