Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main goal of this course is to provide the basic concepts of measurement techniques and equipments used in electrical and electronics experiments. It is also aimed to give experimental verification of results and conclusions drawn during Circuit Theory I course.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Identify the basic measurement instruments to perform experiments in the field of electrical and electronics engineering.
2. Recognize the operating principles of measurement equipments such as oscilloscope and waveform generator.
3. Interpret the techniques to measure basic circuit concepts, such as voltage, current, and power by using experimental setups and measurement equipments.
4. Perform experiments on resistive circuits.
5. Perform experiments on basic opamp circuits.
6. Perform experiments on first and second order circuits and calculate time-constants for RC, RL, and RLC circuits.
7. Interpret experimental data and relate it to the theory.