Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The goal of this course is establish a background on analog circuits, specifically on single-stage transistor amplifiers, multi-stage amplifiers, differential amplifiers, and power amplifiers. The course also aims to cover feedback and stability concepts in amplifiers. There will be laboratory sessions providing insight in the experimental realization and measurement of analog circuits.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Interpret the basic single-stage transistor amplifiers and analyze their low and high frequency responses..
2. Analyze multi-stage amplifiers.
3. Design amplifier stages based on required input and output characteristics and validate the results using computer aided design tools (SPICE/Electronics Workbench).
4. Analyze differential amplifiers and current mirrors.
5. Interpret the concepts of feedback and stability.
6. Interpret the different types of power amplifier and regulators.
7. Perform experiments on single stage BJT and MOSFET amplifiers.
8. Perform experiments on audio power amplifiers.