Course Code & Number:
Credit Hours/ ECTS Credits:
Pre-requisite / Co-requisite:
This course aims to associate students with social issues and political facts by means of films, which can also be defined as visual narratives. Consequently, this course encourages students to search and question past and actual social and political facts and issues.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Familiarize with the most significant problems that shaped our current social and political world.
2. Gain a particular enthusiasm to explore the major political events of the last decades by means of the fictitious cinematic narratives.
3. Gain a particular historical consciousness about the current social and political developments.
4. Ask questions and think about the political phenomena.
5. Associate different events within a particular context.