Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The major objective of this course is to provide students with knowledge of the rules and fundamental principles of Private International Law. The course provides a foundational knowledge on Turkish law of nationality and aliens.
Introduction to Private International law. Conflicts of law, rules of jurisdiction, law of aliens and nationality law. The basic concepts and principles of Turkish law of nationality and aliens. The potential conflict areas in the situations where there is an international element with regards to the applicability of relevant law. International jurisdiction in a global context.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Demonstrate a basic knowledge on the fundamental rules and principles of private international law.
2. Describe the basic concepts and principles Law of Nationality and Aliens.
3. Apply theoretical knowledge to cases of dispute.
4. Find and use legal texts and journals in relation to private international law.
5. Develop key skills of legal reasoning and argument.