Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The goal of this course is to provide the basic principles of digital circuits emphasing their transistor level implementations. The course will also enable the students to understand the operation of fundamental digital integrated circuits such as memories, analog-to-digital, and digital-to-analog converters.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Identify the diode and transistor models used in digital circuits.
2. Interpret the performance parameters of digital circuits such as rise-time and fall-time.
3. Analyze the transistor level circuits of logic gates including inverters, NAND and NOR.
4. Identify regenerative circuits.
5. Interpret the transistor level of static and dynamic memories.
6. Interpret the operating principles of analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog circuits.
7. Perform experiments on TTL and CMOS logic gates.
8. Perform experiments on regenerative circuits and flip-flops.