Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The aim of this course is to introduce political and economic dimensions of European integration. The course will enable students to apply and relate conceptual and theoretical knowledge that underpins the course to the real economic and political processes of European integration.
Brief history of European integration. Discussion of Facts, Law, Institutions and the Budget of European Union. Introduction to decision making and essential microeconomic tools. The Essential economics of Preferential Liberalization. Market Size and Scale Economies. Growth Effects and Factor Market Integration. Brief Summary of EU Policies.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Discuss the history of European integration.
2. Explain laws, institutions and budgetary issues of European integration.
3. Discuss the establishment of customs union and its impacts for European integration.
4. List the European policies that are necessary tools of European integration.
5. Discuss the impacts of integration of different markets such as factor markets and labor markets.
6. Prepare a written report on a selected EU policy in comparison to Turkish policy considering the ethical issues.