Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The aim of this course is to introduce students history of Turkey and the World economy since the industrial revolution. Students would understand growth patterns and developments of economy in Turkey and in the World in the 20th century.
Industrial Revolution. History of Turkish Economy before World War I. History of World Economy before World War I. Great Depression: Reasons and Effects in the World Economy with a Special Emphasis to Turkish Economy. The Interwar Period. Bretton Woods System and the Turkish Economy. The Collapse of Communism and the Results on the World Economy.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Clarify the impacts of industrial revolution on the World economy. [
2. Identify the impacts and reasons of great depression.
3. List the reasons why Bretton Woods system collapsed.
4. Compare the developments in Turkish Economy with other economies in the world.
5. Construct a timeline of significant events in the World economies history in the 20th century.