Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The aim of this course is to introduce students the structural characteristics of Turkish economy. Students would understand features of Turkish economy such as cyclical growth pattern, informality, industrialization and privatization.
The New Phase of Neoliberal Restructuring in Turkey. The Turkish Post-Crisis Development Experience: A Comparative Perspective. Turkey’s Post-Crisis Budgetary Performance. A Comparative Perspective on the Conduct of Monetary Policy in Turkey in the Pre- and Post-Crisis Periods. Transformation of Financial Markets in the Aftermath of Recent Crises in Turkey. Recent Privatization Experience of Turkey: A Reappraisal. Investment and Growth in Turkey. ndustrial Restructuring and Technology Policy in Turkey. Foreign Trade, Foreign Investment and the European Union. Dilemmas of Restructuring in Turkish Agriculture. Labor Market Adjustment and Unemployment in the Post-Crisis Era.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Relate the current developments in the Turkish economy with the structural characteristics of the economy
2. Classify the economical problems of Turkey.
3. Interpret the economic developments in Turkish economy.
4. Collect the main economic indicators in Turkish economy from both Turkish and international resources
5. Evaluate and report economic developments by using Turkish data.
6. Prepare a written report on a selected topic in Turkish economy.