Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The aim of this course is to present a comprehensive overview of the critical theoretical perspectives in International Relations.
Critical Theories – critical perspectives. Hegel. Marx. Gramsci. Frankfurt School. Feminist theories. Social constructivism. Post-structuralism.Critical globalization theories. Historical materialism. Post-colonial theories.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Recite critical theoretical perspectives in International Relations
2. Gain a deep and deepened knowledge about Critical Theory
3. Know how to critically appraise normative claims connected to ethic predicaments
4. Specify the major concepts and conceptual relations inherent in critical theories
5. Detail the method to use critical theories to engender new approaches to conventional concerns
6. Value diversity