Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The course aims to introduce planning movements and ideas as an introduction to urban studies through national and international examples. It acquires testing of the theoretical knowledge on a design problem at urban scale to be conducted at the studio.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. analyze on the discourses on urban design in general thoroughly
2. have an understanding of the historical background of the field
3. develop design skills in giving planning decisions at larger scale
4. be able to relate the planning practices with the discourses in other fields like sociology etc.
5. conduct an urban design project in relation to the theoretical knowledge they have gained throughout the semester