Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The aim of this course is to analyze the critical issues in contemporary world politics.
The European Union. The United States. Russia. The Middle East. Global economic crisis and poverty. Global food crisis and the North-South gap. Energy politics and requirements. Gender. Media. Security, Insecurity and Human Security. Global Health. Migration.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Describe and critically evaluate the main factors behind the major post-Cold War issues, topics and debates
2. Analyze critical issues in contemporary world politics
3. Evaluate current events from an analytical perspective
4. Illustrate regional major events, such as the European Union, the United States, Russia
5. Depict global issues, such as poverty and inequality, security and insecurity, gender, media, health, democracy and democracy deficit, the North-South gap
6. Investigate case studies for current issues in global politics