Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The goal of this course is to expose students to the final phases of a system design by completing the design started in IE491. In this course, students validate their models, develop solution methods, create alternative solutions, conduct scenario analysis, complete the system design, and recommend implementation strategies.
System design: synthesis and implementation. Model validation. Solution methods. Alternative solution proposals and scenario analysis. Implementation strategies.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Construct solution methods to solve the defined problems (B3, e)
2. Generate alternative solutions through scenario and sensitivity analysis (B5, e, b1, b2)
3. Compare and evaluate alternative scenarios and/or solution alternatives through experimentation (B6, e, b1, b2)
4. Defend and justify the designed system to outperform the existing situation and/or meet the desired needs (B6, c)
5. Undertake a functional role in the team work (B3, d)
6. Exhibit professional and ethical responsibility (B3, f)
7. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills (B3, g2)
8. Learn new concepts on their own required for solving the problem under concern (B3, i)