Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
This course aims to teach the main dynamics and drivers of supply chains. The main objective is to teach analytical tools to solve the operational problems of supply chains arising when designing the supply network, managing inventories, and making sourcing decisions. The value and methods of coordinating decisions in supply chains are also covered.
Process view of a supply chain. Supply chain drivers and metrics. Network design. Inventory management. Sourcing decisions. Coordination.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Summarize the main drivers and performance metrics of supply chains (B2, c)
2. Design a supply network effectively with notions of optimality (B5, c)
3. Generate optimal safety stock levels and inventory control policies for each supply chain party (B5, c)
4. Design contracts to optimize sourcing decisions in supply chains (B5, c)
5. Interpret the importance and impact of coordination in supply chains (B2, c)
6. Evaluate the performance of a supply chain from relevant aspects and justify the selected operational decisions to optimize the supply chains (B6, c)
7. Interpret and criticize supply chain practices adopted for complex contemporary problems of manufacturing and service systems(B6, h)
8. Recognize the need of and engage in life-long learning (i)