Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The aim of this course is to introduce the economics of differences and discrimination. The students would understand the employer, employee and market discrimination.
Women and Men: Changing Roles in a Changing Economy. The Family as an Economic Unit. The Allocation of Time Between the Household and the Labor Market. Differences in Occupations and Earnings. The Human Capital Model. The Role of Labor Market Discrimination. Recent Employment Trends. Changing Work Roles and the Family. Policies Affecting Paid Work and the Family. Gender Differences in Other Countries.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Explain the impact of discrimination in an economy.
2. Describe discrimination in economics.
3. Present the human capital model considering differences in occupations and earnings.
4. Describe recent employment trends.
5. Explain the policies affecting paid work and the family.