Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main goal of this course is to provide the basic concepts of analog electronics such as multistage amplifiers, differential amlplifers, and regulated DC power supplies. It is also aimed to give experimental verification of results and conclusions drawn during Analog Electronics (EE 351) course.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Recognize the operating principles of transistors (BJT and FETs), single stage amplifiers, and multistage amplifiers.
2. Relate the theoretical calculations, SPICE simulations, and experimental results for the frequency response of the amplifiers
3. Perform experiments on differential amplifers.
4. Perform experiments on feedback amplifiers and power amplifiers.
5. Perform experiments on regulated DC power supplies.
6. Design audio amplifiers based on required input and output characteristics, validate the results using computer aided design tools (SPICE simulations), and perform experiments on the designed audio amplifier.