Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Students today need courses and programs that establish a fundamental framework to understand the process of entrepreneurship, the new but established trend in the free economies of the world. Successful entrepreneurs need more than just luck and money to survive in the very competitive business environment: They must also have the qualities of creativity, thorough planning, and risk taking, etc. This course aims to provide the graduating students, i.e. potential entrepreneurs, with the basics they need in order to set up their own businesses, or alternatively become intrapreneurs, organizational entrepreneurs within their own organizational structures.
Global Dynamics. Introductory Information into the Concept of Entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurial Perspectives. Developing the Entrepreneurial Plan. Marketing Research. Business Modeling. Developing An Effective Business Plan. Assessment and Evaluation of Opportunities. Turkish Legal Requirements. Sources of Capital. Managing Entrepreneurial Growth. Intrapreneurship.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. recognize opportunities in life and how one might apply those opportunities to business,
2. study the legal procedures for building business, source ofFINANCE etc.,
3. discover the personal attributes needed to become a successful entrepreneur,
4. explore entrepreneurial attitudes and behaviors and competencies required to be an entrepreneur,
5. analyze the business environment, the global dynamics of entrepreneurship, potential forces that may impact the success of their business,
6. develop an effective business plan to grow their own business idea.