Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The goal of this course is to teach formulating and solving complex optimization problems via linear, integer and dynamic programming models. It aims to teach formulating LPs,obtaining solutions via computer software, and performing sensitivity analysis to observe how a given solution can be utilized to gain a more general understanding of the analyzed scenario under different conditions. The course also aims to teach the fundamental concepts and approaches in integer and dynamic programming formulations.
Fundamentals of operations research modelling. Linear Programming. Sensitivity analysis. Integer programming. Dynamic programming.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Formulate deterministic continuous optimization problems with a single objective as a linear program. (a, e)
2. Solve these problems by using solver software. (j)
3. Perform sensitivity analysis on the optimum solution of a given linear program. (b,e)
4. Interpret the characteristics of the transportation, assignment and transshipment problems. (e)
5. Formulate integer programming problems. (a, e)
6. Formulate and solve dynamic programming problems. (a, e)