Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main objective of this course is to introduce principles of corporate finance and financial performance analysis.
Goals and Governance of the Firm, Accounting and Finance, Time Value of Money, Bond and Stock Valuations, Net Present Value and Other Investment Criteria, Cash Flow and Project Analysis, Portfolio Theory and the Capital Asset Pricing Model, Risk and Cost of Capital, Corporate Financing, Financing and Valuation, Options, Risk Management.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Summarize fundamental concepts of corporate finance
2. Judge the relationship between accounting and finance
3. Explain basic finance methods that are used to assess financial performance of the firms
4. Model the concepts and relationships regarding time value of money, inflation, interest rates and risk
5. Interpret dynamics of investment analysis, asset valuations and portfolio management