Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The aim of this course is to explore fundamental concepts in business ethics and law.
Basic Concepts of the Law of Obligations. Commercial Enterprise Law. General Principles of Company Law. Limited Liability Company. Negotiable Instruments. Unfair Competition. Intellectual Property Rights. Labor Law. Managing Public Issues and Stakeholder. Corporate Social Responsibility. Ethics and Ethical Reasoning. Global Corporate Citizenship. Business-Government Relations. Stockholder Rights and Corporate Governance. Consumer Protection.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Identify the legal context of the business environment
2. Discuss various organizational influences affecting ethical decisions
3. Analyze ethical and moral issues
4. Evaluate issues in business ethics, the ethical business environment and their potential effect on personal, managerial and corporate decisions
5. Define the legal terms and issues pertaining to business activities