Course Code & Number:
(3+0+0) 3 TEDU Credits, 7.5 ECTS Credits
Process of creating a business plan. Inter-dependency of marketing, finance, management and leadership, and systems and operations. Preparation of financial and supporting documents.Case studies.
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
1. How to Write a Business Plan, Mike P. McKeever, NOLO, 2012
1. The Successful Business Plan: Secrets and Strategies, Rhonda Abrams, The Planning Shop, 2003
The aim of this course is to explore the concepts in the process of creating a business plan.
Industry Analysis. Business Concept and Product/Service Plan. Market Analysis. Economics of the Business. Marketing Plan. Design and Development Plan. Operations Plan. Management Plan. Overall Schedule. Financial Plan. Proposed Company Offering. Executive Summary.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Define the fundamental concepts required to form a business plan
2. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of an organization
3. Analyze the external environment of an organization in terms of threats and opportunities
4. Create mission and vision statements for an organization
5. Formulate a detailed business plan for an organization
Planned Learning Activities and Teaching Methods:
Case Study/Scenarion Analysis
Assessment Methods and Criteria: