Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main objective of this course is to explore methods of finance used in investment and financial analysis.
Financial Instruments. Risk and Return. Efficient Diversification. Capital Asset Pricing and Arbitrage Pricing Theory. The Efficient Market Hypothesis. Bond Prices and Yields. Portfolio Management, Macroeconomic and Industry Analysis.. Financial Statement Analysis. Options Markets. Investors and the Investment Process. Taxes, Inflation, and Investment Strategy. Feasibility Analysis and Techniques.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Summarize fundamental methods of investment and feasibility analysis
2. Define feasibility analysis and tools
3. Explain basic finance methods that are used in asset pricing
4. Model the relationships between interest rates and risk, investment criteria and portfolio management
5. Interpret dynamics of investment analysis