Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main objective of this course is to discuss project organizations, their advantages and introduce principles, functions and methods of project management.
Principles of Project Management, Role of Project Managers, Project Life Cycle Management, Project Planning and Scheduling, Project Planning under Uncertainty, Project Finance, Project Monitoring and Control, Earned Value Analysis, Risk Management, Project Management Software and Decision Support Tools, Recent Concepts and Trends in Project Management.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Explain characteristics of project organizations
2. Discuss role of project managers
3. Define project life cycle management, processes and methodologies
4. Appraise risk management and its importance in projects.
5. Compare project management software and decision support tools