Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
The main objective of this course is to introduce principles and methods of innovation and technology management.
Sources of innovation, types and patterns of innovation, positioning strategies and innovation, defining the organization’s strategic direction, Innovation projects, collaboration strategies, technology, transfer and copyright, managing the new product development, corporate and national innovation systems: institutes, functions, policies.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Explain innovation, technology, research and development concepts and principles
2. Discuss innovation types, sources and processes
3. Define principles and methods of technology and innovation management
4. Interpret relationships between products, market, technology, research and development
5. Value importance of the strategic management of innovation