Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Homework and presentation - 60%
Project and presentation - 20%
Final exam - 20%
This course helps students understand how to design and develop complex event processing solutions for automated decision making or for helping decision making processes.
Analysis and processing of events information flow. Interrelated event patterns originating from different sources. Context determination. Quick and correct decision making.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Understand technical concepts behind complex event processing
2. Understand how events are produced and consumed
3. Create event processing networks
4. Use event processing agents
5. Use of context in event processing
6. Filter and transform events
7. Design and develop event patterns to be executed by a complex event processing engine