Course Code & Number:
Level of Course:
Pre-requisites & Co-requisites:
Mid-term examination - 40%
Final examination - 50%
Term Project - 10%
The aim of this course is to enhance knowledge of students on construction project management and prepare them to undertake site management duties such as start-up, project team building, trade contractor and supplier management, workscheduling and time control, cost analysis and control, progress payment preparation.
Upon succesful completion of this course, a student will be able to
1. Identify tasks for starting-up a construction project.
2. Make a site layout plan.
3. Prepare organization chart and assess qualifications of project team members.
4. Prepare material submittals, samples, shop drawings, and agreements of subcontractor and suppliers.
5. Construct network of work items for scheduling and make forward and backward time analyses.
6. Compare timewise and costwise project performance (with planned timing and costing)
7. Prepare interim progress payments and final account.